We first learned about Flynn Skye after seeing their sexy, yet comfy, hey-I-can-wear-this-pretty-much-anywhere maxi dresses on Instagram. Flynn Skye is more than just maxis though, the line has plenty “upperclass hobo” dresses, in addition to tops and pants.
We caught up with owner/designer Amber Farr, to chat about trends, Venice beach, and why her “Not Just a Dress” dress is just that
.
We love your “Not Just a Dress” tell us about how you came up with that style?
I did a jumper that did really well and thought it would translate well into a maxi. It is one of those dresses you can wear form everything from a wedding or to a grungy bar.
You talk about your daughter being an inspiration. Tell us more about her.
Flynn is magical. She really is. She is such a free spirit and puts the best outfits together because she sees things differently and walks to her own beat. I am obsessed with her.
We know you love Venice beach, what makes it so special from a fashion perspective?
Venice is really just special. It is stuffed full of creatives. Where you have creatives you have style because they go hand and hand.
Any tips for styling your flowy maxis?
I am really stuck on wearing my maxi’s with Converse sneakers.
Whats in the future for your line?
So far the response has been crazy! The more I sell the more I can create and everyone is happy!!
 
Top